Thought about sailing, but never knew where to start? Dauntless Sailing School can help. Our focus is on adult beginners with little or no previous experience who want to discover the fun and adventure of sailing. No club membership required!
Why Dauntless Sailing?
With over 750 participants to date, here are just a few reasons Dauntless Sailing School is so popular:
- Affordable and Accessible – All offerings are open to the public, require no club “membership,” and are affordably priced. Dauntless Sailing School believes the fun of sailing should be accessible to all income levels not just the uber-rich or the purview of exclusive, private sailing clubs.
- Hands on, Experiential Learning – All instruction is conducted aboard Dauntless. Students are active participants and take part in every aspect of the sailing experience from day one.
- A Unique, “Big Boat” Sailing Experience – All offerings are conducted aboard the sailing yacht “Dauntless,” a 28’ performance cruiser with wheel steering, modern electronics, standing headroom below deck, a full galley, enclosed bathroom and sleeping accommodations for five. It may be counterintuitive, but learning to sail is actually easier on a larger sailboat. Participants need not worry about capsizing, a frequent occurrence with the smaller sailing dinghies commonly used for sailing instruction. Plus it’s more fun!
Looking for a special evening with your significant other, friends, or family? Want a unique experience for your company department or key customers? Pack some hors d'oeuvres and grab your favorite bottle of wine (or beer or spirits) and join Capt. Todd aboard "Dauntless" for a sailing cruise on Geist Reservoir. The luxurious waterfront homes of this famous Indianapolis suburb provide the perfect backdrop for a great date night, company outing, girls night out, birthday or anniversary celebration.
Advanced reservations are required. This is our most popular offering. Seating is limited and fills quickly.
For corporate or private charters, contact us>.
"You can't learn to sail in a classroom."
-Capt. Todd Bracken
With four different, hands-on, instructional sailing opportunities, there is something for every temperament and level of adventurer. Offerings include:
- Adult Beginner Sailing Course (Our flagship offering - No Previous Experience Required)
- Great Lakes Coastal Cruising
- Sailboat Regatta Participation
- Ocean Coastal Cruising Expeditions
Continuing education seminars offered during the "off season" include:
- Cruise Planning
- Coastal Navigation
- Coastal Navigation / Cruise Planning Seminar (January, 2017)
- Bahamas / Bimini / Florida Keys Expedition (March, 2017)