Thought about sailing, but never knew where to start? Dauntless Sailing School can help. Our focus is on adult beginners with little or no previous experience who want to discover the fun and adventure of sailing. No club membership required!
Why Dauntless Sailing?
With over 750 participants to date, here are just a few reasons Dauntless Sailing School is so popular:
- Affordable and Accessible – All offerings are open to the public, require no club “membership,” and are affordably priced. Dauntless Sailing School believes the fun of sailing should be accessible to all income levels not just the uber-rich or the purview of exclusive, private sailing clubs.
- Hands on, Experiential Learning – All instruction is conducted aboard Dauntless. Students are active participants and take part in every aspect of the sailing experience from day one.
- A Unique, “Big Boat” Sailing Experience – All offerings are conducted aboard the sailing yacht “Dauntless,” a 28’ performance cruiser with wheel steering, modern electronics, standing headroom below deck, a full galley, enclosed bathroom and sleeping accommodations for five. It may be counterintuitive, but learning to sail is actually easier on a larger sailboat. Participants need not worry about capsizing, a frequent occurrence with the smaller sailing dinghies commonly used for sailing instruction. Plus it’s more fun!
"You can't learn to sail in a classroom."
-Capt. Todd Bracken
With four different, hands-on, instructional sailing opportunities, there is something for every temperament and level of adventurer. Offerings include:
- Adult Beginner Sailing Course (Our flagship offering - No Previous Experience Required)
- Great Lakes Coastal Cruising
- Sailboat Regatta Participation
- Ocean Coastal Cruising Expeditions
Continuing education seminars offered during the "off season" include:
- Coastal Navigation/Cruise Planning
NEW! Corporate Sailing Events
Make your next department team-building event a sailing adventure!
A Dauntless Sailing corporate charter event offers a fresh and innovative venue to facilitate department team building, boost employee morale, or impress potential clients. Geist Reservoir and the luxurious waterfront homes of this famous Indianapolis suburb provide the perfect sailing backdrop for a unique and memorable department outing or impressive client engagement.
Looking for an opportunity to get away from the office for some laid-back team camaraderie with upscale hors d’oeuvres (provided by our world-class Executive Chef) and BYOB beverages? We do that! Looking for a sailing instruction-based team building experience with upscale, shore-based dining and drinks? We do that! Dauntless Sailing can tailor the sailing experience and event details to your specific needs and desires.
Sunset Sailing Cruises
Looking for a special evening with your significant other, friends, or family? Pack some hors d'oeuvres and grab your favorite bottle of wine (or beer or spirits) and join Capt. Todd aboard "Dauntless" for a sailing cruise on Geist Reservoir. Sailing cruises make for a great date night, girls night out, birthday or anniversary celebration.
Advanced reservations are required. This is our most popular offering. Seating is limited and fills quickly.